At Diesel Contracting of NY we are committed to practicing an environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible work ethic with each project we realize. Our approach to Green Remodeling is an all-encompassing one that emphasizes making a home healthy, comfortable, and efficient. Consideration is given to indoor air quality, energy conservation, resource conservation, reduced material waste, and the use of products that are better for the environment (and for people).
- Choose Energy Star rated appliances, which will use less energy and often don't cost more. Check with your utility company, too: you may get a rebate on your purchase. And federal tax credits are sometimes made available, as also described on the Energy Star website.
- Put in formaldehyde-free cabinetry to avoid releasing environmental toxins. Better yet, go for wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), which will be sustainably harvested.
- Install a beautiful alternative to shiny granite: recycled-content glass countertops.
- Get a water filter instead of buying bottled water.
- Take advantage of natural light with well-placed windows, skylights, or sun tunnels.
- Keep the refrigerator out of the sunlight and away from the oven, where it gets hot and must work harder.
- Replace toilets with low-flow models.
- Install tiles made of recycled content.
- Use flow reducers on the shower and sinks so you're using less water.
- Don't add more than you need. Consuming less and covering up less of the land is always eco-friendlier.
- Install ceiling fans to keep warm air down in the winter and to provide cool air in the summer.
- Install insulation in the walls and attic to prevent heat transfer.
- Strategically place windows, shades, and overhangs to take advantage of the sun's heat.
Diesel Contracting of NY is a real New York company that has provided New Yorkers with quality interior work for many years. We place great emphasis on teamwork and quality control. We have established an experienced workforce that provides quality service in order to meet customer satisfaction. We are well known and respected in the field, not only by our customers but other companies as well as Architects and Designers. Our main offices are based in Astoria.